How to apply for university studies in Italy as a non-EU student

If you plan to enroll in full time undergraduate studies, you need to know first of all whether you are eligible or not. To that purpose, we will ask you to elaborate a program of study according to your academic profile.
If you are eligible, you have to submit a pre-application request to the Italian embassy or consulate in your home country, by presenting the following documents. These documents must be officially translated into Italian, and legally authenticated by a competent authority.

  • the filled-in application form for receiving a Letter of Academic Eligibility and Suitability (DV : Dichiarazione di Valore in Loco), that is a certificate that acknowledges your foreign studies
  • The filled-in pre-enrolment form (which is different according to the study level you wish to enrol in),
  • A copy of your school certificate or university diploma,
  • Two passport-size photographs, one signed by you.


The Italian embassy or consulate will publish by the end of August a list of admitted candidates.

The same procedure works for graduate studies; however, you will have to submit a relevant university certificate that allows you to apply for further higher education programs.